Seldom will a property like this be presented to the market! Built in 1936, with only two owners in its history, this large much-loved family residence will cater to all the needs of an active family.
With its solid double-brick construction and enviable craftsmanship of the interwar years in evidence, this is a property with real integrity.
A magnificent Cedar of Lebanon tree guards the entrance. Stepping into the spacious entryway, you are struck by the simple elegance of the art deco period with many original features: leadlight entrance, beautiful mouldings, marble fireplace, lighting fixtures.
On a deep block of approximately 790 sqm, the location - in a tree-lined street with tight residential zoning - is unbelievably accessible to many public and private schools, North Sydney CBD, transport and amenities.
The many appealing features include:
- Light-filled formal living and dining rooms, connected by wide pocket doors; Jetmaster fireplace
- Spacious casual dining/entertaining/family kitchen at the rear, opening wide through bi-folds to sunny garden
- Large open-plan gourmet kitchen; Ilve gas stove with double oven; large pantry; striking multi-functional marble island
- In-ground pool with sandstone surrounds, cabana with bathroom, separate hot water system
- Separate TV room adjacent to kitchen
- Ground-floor corner study/utility room/studio or nursery with wonderful natural light
- Comfortable master bedroom with bay window
- 4 more huge double bedrooms upstairs, two opening onto north-facing terrace
- 2 internal bathrooms, both with separate WCs; original tiling, beveled edge mirrors and terrazzo
- Manicured lawns and easily maintained gardens front and rear; sunny vegetable garden; well fenced for pets
- External paved area for outdoor table
- Outdoor speakers in garden for entertaining
- Secure brick workshop in garden, fully lined and plumbed, rafter storage
- Large separate lined storage area on upper floor and fully lined attic
- Tiled laundry off kitchen, with external door
- Polished hardwood and pine floors throughout, under-floor gas heating; timber venetians
- 1-car electric door garage with undercover access to house; space for 2 more cars
- Brick-paved driveway constructed on suspended slab for tree root protection
- Back to base security system; underground power from street
- Only minutes walk to schools, buses and trains; 2 bus stops to city
- Shops, restaurants, parks and hospitals all within walking distance
Open Fire Place